Saturday, May 17, 2008

Interleague Play!!! or not....The New York Mess

So I just wake up and get this email informing me that last night's game will not be made up this weekend, parenthesis, Sat, Sun, Mon. More annoying news from Yankeeland. In case you don't really know what I'm referring to, let me rewind about 13 hours for you.

It rained yesterday. A lot. In reality, deep down inside, despite email blasts and the FAN proclaiming that our beloved New York Yankees were going to soldier on and 'make every effort to play tonight's game), I knew it was going to be a rain out. Spare me the Iwo Jima visuals of our #2 shirt taking the field with his head held high in the pouring rain.

Anybody who went to Opening Day 2008 knows the deal here. The old...."hmm...here's a big ticket game, a sellout if you wiil. Let's get them in the lots at $17 dollars a motor, then pack them in the stadium to swill a few $37 cups of beer and buy a few $90 foam #1 fingers, and then drop the bad news that....OH..SORRY GUYS, IT'S RAINING AND WE JUST CAN'T PLAY"

I mean, who is the the asshole behind the doppler up there? I'm so sick of showing up to these rainouts so they can make their money off of one-game-a-year, big-ticket-goers Brent and Ross, from Stamford who 'don't really follow one team, they just follow New York sports'. I was smart enough to not go in, and remain in the carnivalesque secret location #5 drinking $4 Presidente beers and making fun of Frank Cattalonotto baseball cards in a room with no air conditioning. I've learned that lesson over the years.

Technically, the team didn't make any money off of me last night. So I can't really go there. They just robbed me of my time. You know what? Let's not go there either.

So what do we have to look forward to? Oh...I dunno, a folded subway series ticket from May, taking up space in my wallet until they decide to play this game one day in I dunno...June, if they feel like it? A subway series home/away extravaganza when the team is away at Shea next month? Who cares?...I'm so over it already.

Give me my Tuesday night vs the Orioles. Oh wait, that's next week. Thank goodness.
Nick Markakis never looked to appealing.

GFK39

No comments: